When two people match up on Bumble, the man has to wait for the woman to message first in what’s called a �ladies’ first� type of feature. Once she sends the message, there is a 24 hour window for the man to respond before the match expires. Same goes for the woman� if she doesn’t send the first message within 24 hours, the match also expires. Once you’re past the first message, there are no more deadlines!
- Super modern and easy to use
- Similar to Tinder but unique in its own way
- Popular in Dubai
- Some may not be crazy about the 24-hour deadline; not everyone has the time to constantly check notifications, so matches may happen and the recipient may never know
Aside from all of the concrete guidelines for dating in the gorgeous, economically booming city of Dubai, there are some really interesting and fun people that you can get to know through any of these dating platforms that are readily available at your fingertips.
You don’t have to be wary of all of the customs and rules of dating in Dubai; it is very possible to have a pleasant and successful dating experience with someone who may end up being your soulmate! Dating in Dubai is certainly a distinctive and maybe even eccentric encounter, but it doesn’t have to be much different than any dating experience you’d have in any other area of the world!
You just have to abide by and respect some religious customs that have been in effect in Dubai for decades, which should be understandable, since you wouldn’t expect someone to completely ignore any traditions you may have within your beliefs!
With a population of over 2.5 million in the city alone, Dubai is known for its widely diverse culture, with over 10 languages spoken and ethnicities from all over, you never know who you’ll meet in this giant metropolis.
- 71% of the entire population of Dubai is Asian, with 51% of those being from India
- Pakistani: 17%
- Egyptian: 10%
- Bangladesh: 9%
- Filipino: 3%
The official religion of Dubai is Islam, but the city and residents are completely tolerant and respectful of any other religions practiced within the city. The minority religions that are practiced in Dubai are Christianity, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhism, and a few others.
A whopping 75% of the population of Dubai is male, leaving 25% to be female. In a primarily patriarchal society, it’s only right that the men far outnumber the women, although the ratio is completely surprising. So, for every 3 males, there is 1 female!
With such a widely diverse culture, including those who temporarily find home in Dubai for business, there are tons of languages that are spoken within the city. Mostly Arabic is spoken, but there are also a lot of people who speak English; the minority languages spoken are Hindu, Urdu, Bengali, Tamil, Tagalog, Persian, Chinese, and a few others.
What Do They Look For
One of the biggest things to consider when entering the dating world in Dubai is that they have extremely strict rules when it comes to romance. Any sort of even mildly excessive PDA (public displays of affection) is not only frowned upon, but illegal and not tolerated! You can literally get thrown into jail for a public makeout session or anything of that sort.
You also want to steer clear of trying to move in with, or even stay in the same hotel with someone you are dating in Dubai, as this is culturally unacceptable as well.